I'm pregnant! 13 weeks now, so that makes me due sometime mid December. Marty and I are excited, terrified, insert every adjective you want. So let's get to this bulleted list where I have random thoughts to post:
- We actually found out in early April. So I technically did that swim meet the tiniest bit pregnant. But that was not it's only race...
- The Triangle Orthopedic sprint was done at around 6+ weeks. I knew that it would be a cool day and since it was a time trial start I could hold myself back a bit and not go all out sprint hard. So to that person that came up to me after the race and said, "Geez, Bri, I can't believe you didn't win" I now give you a virtual kick in the shin.
- It was hard to keep this quiet from a lot of people we see regularly. Particularly with races coming up and trying to explain my lack of race schedule.
- I wanted to do Battle of Buckhorn the other week but Marty talked me out of it.
- It seems that overnight I've gone from running pretty comfortably and near my normal pace to S-L-O-W. Seriously.
- Still swimming and biking. We have Boone camp next week and I wanted to bike until at least then.
- I am overwhelmed and confused with what we will need to buy for this little person. I don't even know where to begin and all the helpful books and websites seem to make me more overwhelmed.
- We will definitely be finding out if it's a boy or a girl. Yes, I like surprises, but I can be surprised at 18 weeks just as well as I can be surprised at 40 weeks.
- I'm already annoyed with people who after giving their congratulations, proceed to tell me how hard and annoying
labor/pregnancy/lack of sleep/child always getting sick, etc. Yes, we realize our lives will be changing. Positive advice is welcome!
- I didn't really want to do the whole facebook status announcement, so we've pretty much relied on word of mouth for it to get spread around. That has worked well :)
- Everyone is always interested in how the belly is looking. Truthfully, mine is not very impressive yet. I can certainly tell that there is a protrusion compared to my normal self (never to be seen again self?), and my waist is going, going, soon to be gone, but here's the best I got.