It's been awhile. I have excuses. I've been busy. And sort of lazy with this thing. I'm not confident that my posts are getting read by that many people anymore which causes my initiative to write go way down. But, I do enjoy looking back now and then so even if it's just me and my mom here (hi mom!) I figured I can still document what's been going on.
So what's been going on? :)
- Boone Camp III came and went. I was part of the 'Daisy Picker' group which meant we spent more time stopped with our bikes then actually on our bikes. Boone made me realize that even though I am working out and have even raced pretty good so far, I am really out of shape. I know that doesn't make sense, but seriously, I have apparently lost so much overall strength and core that after 2 days of riding in the mountains I could barely move. It felt like I had done 5,000 situps. Even my forearms hurt! In typical Boone fashion, we still had a ton of fun and a lot alcohol was consumed. I also may decline any group games from here on out as my child prodigy status led to hyper-competiveness and big frownie faces on Bri. Marty knows why 'Bri Wins' is not just a game but a way of life ;)
Pretending to be freezing after a mountain lake swim Daisy Pickers We had a rotating contingent, but here's most of the crew on Saturday night Game night Some campers braved the cold mountain water for some open water swimming. There may have been a few wimps who even wore a wetsuit. Marty on the Viaduct At Moses Cone Park I love my dog, but seriously, what is it with wanting to roll in poop?! The 'Prop' picture
- Marty's mom was up here this past week and I took total advantage of the poor women and did something every night with friends. Then I slept in almost every morning.
- We had the 2nd Old School Aquathon at Vista Point. It was a crazy format, but so, so fun. 300 yard swim/1mile run X 3. Kari, Cari and I all did it together which made it even more fun.
|We are serious Aquathletes? Aquathoners?|
- This past Sunday we had our 2nd race in the Triangle Open Water Swim Series at Jordan Lake. It was wetsuit legal but I didn't bring mine which I was none to happy about. My swim is abysmal right now. But I figured out that if you don't push too hard it doesn't hurt ;) Lucky for me, they didn't get me coming across the finish line so I didn't show up in the results. I'm glad that time won't be forever inked on the internet.
- I saw 2 movies this past week: Snow White and the Huntsman (entertaining) and Men In Black III (entertaining). Unfortunately, I saw MIB in 3D which was such a freaking rip off.
- Logan had his 6 month appointment. He weighs 17lbs 7oz (49th percentile); he's 2'3" (62nd percentile) and his head is the 92nd percentile. He's also cutting his first tooth.
|6 months old and so fun!|
|Sleeping angel, surrounded by whatever so he doesn't roll off the couch|
|Happy Father's Day!|
|He couldn't be bothered to stay awake for Father's Day dinner|